The Extron DVI 201 is a transmitter and receiver set that enables DVI or HDMI signals to be carried over distances significantly beyond the capability of standard DVI or HDMI cables. Linked together using two economical and integration-friendly shielded CATx or Extron STP201 cables, the DVI 201 transmitter and receiver work together to send single link DVI-D or HDMI signals over 200 feet (60 meters) for HDTV and XGA 1024×768.
The DVI 201 offers an ideal, cost effective means for extending digital video, multi-channel audio, and control signals from DVI or HDMI-equipped devices. The HDCP-compliant DVI 201 enables the long distance transmission of HDTV signals with HDCP for copy protection of digital television broadcasts and high resolution digital video output from DTV tuners, DVRs, and Blu-ray Disc players. The DVI 201 is fully compatible with HDMI signals when used with the appropriate adapters from Extron.
Several features facilitate convenient, streamlined system integration. The DVI 201 transmitter includes a DVI loop-through to support monitoring on a local display device. RS-232 or IR signals from a control system can also be transmitted over the same cabling as the DVI signals, providing remote control of a projector or flat-panel display. Additionally, either the transmitter or receiver can be remotely powered over this cabling, so that external power is necessary for only one of the devices.
The DVI 201 can be used with shielded CATx cables to extend 1920×1200 and HDTV 1080p/60 signals up to 100 feet (30 meters). However, when used with Extron STP201 Shielded Digital Twisted Pair Cable, these signals can be extended up to 150 feet (45 meters). Extron STP201 cables are specially designed for superior digital signal transmission performance, featuring an S/FTP design with individually foil wrapped conductor pairs and overall braided shield for noise immunity and low crosstalk.
The DVI 201 transmitter and receiver are housed in 1″ (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosures. Both devices are also available separately, and may be matched with the DVI 201 A D decorator-style transmitter or receiver to suit the installation requirements of a specific application.
- Transmits single link DVI-D and control signals over CATx cables — Standard UTP/STP cables provide an economical, easily installed cable solution.
- Inputs: DVI-D connector, captive screw connector – DVI 201 Tx
- Outputs: DVI-D connector, captive screw connector – DVI 201 Rx, local DVI-D output – DVI 201 Tx
- Sends 720p, 1080i, and XGA (1024×768) signals over 200 feet (60 meters), 1080p/60 and 1920×1200 signals over 100 feet (30 meters) with shielded CATx cable — Extron STP201 Shielded Digital Twisted Pair Cable allows 1080p/60 and 1920×1200 signals to be sent 50% further than with standard CATx cable.
- Extron strongly recommends using individually shielded twisted pair cabling for optimal performance
- Extron STP201 Digital Twisted Pair cable provides added protection from outside interference and increases overall signal transmission distance
- DVI input loop-through — The DVI 201 transmitter features a DVI-D output for connection to a local monitor.
- Supports EDID and HDCP transmission — DDC channels are actively buffered, allowing pass-through of EDID and HDCP information to either the local or remote display.
- DDC routing to local or remote display
- Bidirectional RS-232/IR pass-through — Bidirectional RS-232 control or IR signals can be transmitted alongside the video signal, so that the remote display can be controlled without the need for additional cabling.
- Remote powering of transmitter or receiver — Only one power supply is necessary to power both devices.
- Fully supports HDMI signals when used with optional Extron HDMI-DVI adapters — Supports HDMI embedded audio and CEC – Consumer Electronics Control signal transmission.
- Compatible with all HDMI 201, DVI 201, MTP/HDMI U R, and MTP/HDMI U T A D models — Enables mixing and matching of desktop and wallplate transmitters and receivers to meet application requirements.
- 1″ (2.5 cm) high, quarter rack width metal enclosures — With low profile enclosures, both devices can be discreetly installed, such as above a projector or behind a flat-panel display.